Commercial Eyes is Australia’s leading Pharmaceutical and Medical Device commercialisation consultancy offering pre and post market advice and support to local and international companies operating in Australia & New Zealand. We provide a full suite of services through market insight and analysis, registration, reimbursement, patient support, medical information, and pharmacovigilance. With over 19 years of experience & a team of over 100 employees – what we do – and the consistent excellence with which we do it – sets us apart from other consultancies.
The Senior Consultant role is available on a permanent full time or part time basis and may be Melbourne or Sydney based, with flexible working conditions. The role has functional leadership responsibilities within the team, working closely with the Market Access Manager to ensure a superior client experience, optimise project outcomes and business revenue and contribute to the culture and capabilities of the team.
The role is not expected to have budgetary or line management responsibilities, however it is anticipated that the successful application will work closely with the Market Access Manager to support the professional development of members in the Market Access team, and the achievement of individual project and broader business unit budgets.
- Provide expert consulting services to clients in the key areas of: pricing and reimbursement strategy, feasibility assessment, health economics, statistics, submission development and private/public market pricing in Australia and New Zealand.
- Work with existing and potential clients in the healthcare sector to anticipate and understand their business needs and identify areas or activities with which CEPL can assist.
- Translate these conceptual discussions into concrete project proposals which provide a realistic description of the scope of work to be undertaken and a competitive cost estimate.
- Lead project teams and deliver strategically and technically sound advice, submissions, reports and presentations according to agreed deadlines and client requirements.
- Proactively promote the CEPL business and build strong professional networks across the healthcare sector.
- Identify important skills and knowledge gaps in the current CEPL reimbursement and pricing service offering and implement solutions to these gaps.
- Minimum undergraduate tertiary qualifications in economics or a life sciences discipline.
- Post graduate qualifications in health economics, epidemiology, statistics, or health sciences.
- In-depth working knowledge of the Australian and New Zealand healthcare landscapes, particularly the reimbursement environment, and the ability to use this knowledge to contextualise work.
- Extensive experience in submissions to key Australian and New Zealand reimbursement bodies (PBAC, MSAC, and/or PHARMAC).
- Excellent verbal reasoning and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and project management skills.
- Proficiency in building and leveraging productive relationships and networks.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills as they relate to working in a team environment.
- Previous consultancy experience or a keen interest in the practice of consulting.
- Experience negotiating with key Government stakeholders and/or pricing experience will be highly regarded.
- Work for a company consistently delivering excellence.
- Deliver work that makes a difference to people’s lives through health.
- Be a member of a team who supports and cares for each other.
- Be part of an inclusive and diverse working environment.
- Commercial Eyes does not accept applications from recruitment agencies.
- To apply for this role you must be a permanent resident or citizen of Australia.
Here at Commercial Eyes we value diversity and inclusion and consider all candidates equally.
If you would like more information, email our People, Learning & Performance department at [email protected]