Commercial Eyes has a unique opportunity for an experienced Economist (Health Economist) to join our Market Access and Pricing team on a full time permanent basis. The Economist will ensure a superior client experience, optimise project outcomes and business revenue, and contribute to the culture and capabilities of the team.
We are looking for an individual who can provide professional development to the less experienced members of the Market Access and Pricing team and support the achievement of individual project and broader business unit budgets.
- Provide expert consulting services to clients in the key areas of: pricing and reimbursement strategy, feasibility assessment, health economics, statistics, submission development and private/public market pricing in Australia and New Zealand.
- Work with existing and potential clients in the healthcare sector to anticipate and understand their business needs and identify areas or activities with which CEPL can assist.
- Translate these conceptual discussions into concrete project proposals which provide a realistic description of the scope of work to be undertaken and a competitive cost estimate.
- Lead project teams and deliver strategically and technically sound advice, submissions, reports and presentations according to agreed deadlines and client requirements.
- Minimum undergraduate tertiary qualifications in economics or a life sciences discipline.
- Post graduate qualifications in health economics, epidemiology, statistics, or health sciences.
- In-depth working knowledge of the Australian and New Zealand healthcare landscapes, particularly the reimbursement environment, and the ability to use this knowledge to contextualise work.
- 5 years plus industry experience in an Economist (Health Economist) or Market Access role.
- Extensive experience in submissions to key Australian and New Zealand reimbursement bodies (PBAC, MSAC, and/or PHARMAC).
- Experience negotiating with key Government stakeholders and/or pricing experience will be highly regarded.
- Excellent verbal reasoning and written communication skills.
- Work for a company consistently delivering excellence.
- Deliver work that makes a difference to people’s lives through health.
- Be a member of a team who supports and cares for each other.
- Be part of an inclusive and diverse working environment.
- Commercial Eyes does not accept applications from recruitment agencies.
- To apply for this role you must be a permanent resident or citizen of Australia.
Here at Commercial Eyes we value diversity and inclusion and consider all candidates equally.
If you would like more information, call our People, Learning & Performance department on 03 9251 0777.