Commercial Eyes is Australia’s foremost Pharmaceutical and Medical Device commercialisation consultancy offering pre and post market advice and support to local and international companies operating in Australia & NZ. What we do – and the consistent excellence with which we do it – sets us apart from other consultancies.
Reporting to the Associate Director, the Senior Manager is responsible for operational management of regulatory consultants and other specified consulting and administrative roles (‘the team’) and the assigned project portfolio within the Senior Manager, Regulatory, Quality & Compliance business unit. The role is also responsible for contributing to the development and operational implementation of strategies that ensure the development and growth of the Senior Manager, Regulatory, Quality & Compliance business unit and achievement of the business unit’s financial and organisational objectives.
In collaboration with the Associate Director, the Senior Manager is responsible for resource planning and recruitment; staff performance management, professional development and succession planning; design, implementation and maintenance of systems that deliver operational efficiency; adherence to the Company’s policies and quality management system; business promotion and service differentiation; management and development of customer relationships and the encouragement and support of new business initiatives and opportunities. The Senior Manager will also be responsible for advising on the engagement and oversight of third party contractors specific to Regulatory Services.
The Senior Manager is accountable for building on the existing commercial base of the business unit through the development and implementation of business development initiatives; meeting agreed financial objectives; ensuring teamwork, cross-functionality and operational efficiencies across the business; encouraging value based professional conduct and delivering excellent client service.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, pharmacology, pharmacy or related field.
- Postgraduate degree in management, public health or related field.
- Minimum 2 years relevant consulting management experience.
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience in Australian regulatory affairs, preferably in a commercial environment.
- Vision and energy to lead and grow a consulting / technical professional service function.
- A leading pharmaceutical and / or medical tech industry reputation.
- Extensive pharmaceutical and / or medical tech industry network (middle & senior).
- Financial acumen and business management aptitude.
- Demonstrated business development skills.
- Detailed/comprehensive knowledge of TGA legislation, regulations, guidelines and working procedures.
- Willingness to travel as required.
- Work for a company consistently delivering excellence.
- Deliver work that makes a difference to people’s lives through health.
- Be a member of a team who supports and cares for each other.
- Be part of an inclusive and diverse working environment.
- Commercial Eyes does not accept applications from recruitment agencies.
- To apply for this role you must be a permanent resident or citizen of Australia.
Here at Commercial Eyes we value diversity and inclusion and consider all candidates equally.
This role is based in Melbourne.
If you would like more information, call our People, Learning & Performance department on 03 9251 0777.