Commercial Eyes is Australia’s leading pharmaceutical and medical device commercialisation company. With a team of over 100 staff and 22 years of experience, more than 800 pharmaceutical, medical device, diagnostic, and consumer healthcare companies rely on our expertise and insights.
We are changing the way people work in one of the most regulated and complex industries in the world. Creating a collective success story for our people, our life science partners, and their patients.
Our culture of ownership and transparency empowers our team to achieve goals they did not think possible. For all those on board, it is a challenging and rewarding journey. We are innovative, fast learners, and experts in our field.
We are elevating and refining the commercialisation process for human therapeutics – introducing smart processes and new technologies to work smarter, not harder.
Our services are improving health outcomes and making a real difference in people’s lives.
By joining our team, you are joining us in our mission to help our clients deliver a healthier tomorrow for Australia and beyond. We share a vision with our clients to make an impact on the future of human health. And we partner with them to transform therapeutic innovation into market realities for patients and healthcare, in Australia and beyond.
We have a great opportunity for a motivated Payroll & Accounts Assistant to join our dynamic Finance team. The successful candidate will be responsible for a broad range of payroll, accounts, and finance tasks. This includes payroll preparation, compliance payments, and ensuring the reconciliation of Commercial Eyes’ group financial systems. This is a part-time or a casual position (around 20 hours of work per week), reporting to the Finance Manager. Some of your primary responsibilities include:
- Process monthly payroll for permanent and casual staff.
- Handle compliance payments (superannuation, payroll tax, PAYG).
- Conduct bank reconciliation & supporting documentation filing.
- Manage data entry and project setup in Abtrac system.
- New employee on time sheet training.
- Prepare client invoices and process suppliers’ invoices for payment.
Our head office is based in the heart of Melbourne’s CBD, where we operate from a collaborative workspace. We operate under a hybrid model and offer flexibility in accordance with our company’s flexible work policy.
Join our exceptional team and become an integral part of a supportive work environment. As a valued member of our organisation, you will work closely not only with our finance team, but also with other collaborative team members across various departments. Our work environment is unlike any other, offering challenges that inspire collaboration and foster strong connections among team members.
At Commercial Eyes we:
- Value and respect each other’s unique perspectives, fostering a culture of inclusivity and collaboration.
- Strive for excellence, seeking innovative and effective solutions.
- Approach challenges with resourcefulness, turning uncertainty into opportunities for insights and growth.
- Ensure that our work meets the highest standards of accuracy, compliance, and customer satisfaction which is reflected in the implementation and maintenance of robust quality processes and procedures.
- Feel inspired to deliver work that makes a difference to people’s lives through health.
- Work flexibly and adapt quickly to changing priorities
“I love to work at CEPL because of its flexible culture and positive working atmosphere. The company values its employees and provides opportunities for growth and development. The experience working in a hybrid model has been fantastic, I am always supported by my team, and we have multiple ways of communication. I’m fortunate to work with intelligent and collaborative people. I have learned and grown a lot working here.” Sherry, Assistant Accountant
This role is well-suited for an individual who thrives in both collaborative team environments and when working independently. Your organisational skills, adaptability, detailed-oriented approach, and ability to handle confidential information are the highly sought skills. You possess a solid understanding of core business principles and are proficient in standard office software. You display professionalism in every aspect, ensuring prompt, reliable, and proactive interaction with both internal and external stakeholders. Additionally, your written and oral skills are highly developed.
Desired qualifications and experience
- A certificate or diploma in payroll, bookkeeping, administration, business, or a related field.
- Proficiency in financial systems such as MYOB and ERPs.
- One to two years of hands-on experience in payroll and accounts.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- A collaborative culture in a growing and sustainable business
- At Commercial Eyes you are not just a number, you become a member of a team who supports and cares for each other. Everyone gets to know each other by name regardless of where you work from.
- Our team is multicultural and diverse, so you’ll get to work with a variety of people from different ethnicities, backgrounds and with a broad range of experiences.
- We are committed to supporting the community in which we work. The projects we support are both sustainable and recurrent including organisations such as Yalari, Purple House, Rare Cancers Australia, Leukemia Foundation and more.
- Health and Wellbeing Program: our people get access to our EnergEyes Program, which includes an annual wellbeing allowance you can use to support your health and wellbeing including but not limited to gym memberships, fitness clothing/equipment, yoga and massage/physio sessions.
- Paid Wellbeing Day to focus on your physical/mental health and general wellbeing.
- Birthday Day off: An additional day of paid leave just for your birthday.
Continue the conversation
If you think this role might be for you and joining the Commercial Eyes team gets you excited, please submit your application as soon as possible. We will start the shortlisting process right away.
If you are shortlisted for this role, this is what you can expect throughout the process:
- Phone screening interview.
- Interview with a member of the People & Learning team and the Reporting Manager.
- Case study/task.
- Psychometrics test.
- Reference checks.
- At Commercial Eyes we value diversity and inclusion and consider all candidates equally.
- Commercial Eyes does not accept applications from recruitment agencies.
If you would like more information about the role, email our People & Learning department at [email protected]