The Medical Information Manager is responsible for the overall management of client outsourced medical information services, as well as ensuring resources and staff are managed to ensure each client’s medical information service is delivered in accordance with their specific requirements and Commercial Eyes quality standards and policies, regulations, and guidelines.
Client Management & Medical Information
- Ensure delivery of high quality medical information and associated services within agreed time frames.
- Manage assigned clients, ensuring clarity of expectations, open and effective communication, stakeholder engagement, and enduring positive relationships.
- Monitor project activities and report against client and internal KPIs and timelines.
- Ensure Adverse Events (AEs) and Product Complaints (PCs) are reported as required.
- Work as part of a team, providing back up and coverage and sharing responsibility for the completion of tasks.
Leadership & Management
- Manage a team of department professionals in accordance with the Vision, Purpose and Values.
- Manage resource allocation and monitor team achievement to targets.
- Complete people management processes such as recruitment, induction, performance management, coaching and knowledge development, identification of progression opportunities, and staff welfare issues.
- Assist team members with important client activities and act as direct client contact to address and resolve client concerns when escalated by the team.
- Provide assistance and support to the Director in areas of the business unit management.
- Work with existing and potential clients in the life sciences sector to understand their business needs and identify areas or activities with which Commercial Eyes may be able to assist.
- Translate these conceptual discussions into concrete project proposals including scope and cost estimates.
- Build strong networks across the life sciences sector and draw on these to identify potential short and long-term business opportunities for Commercial Eyes.
- Work closely with the Director to implement and develop strategic plans to expand the medical services practice and support development of strategic plans to drive the development and growth of the business unit.
To be successful in this role, you will ideally possess…
- BPharm or relevant scientific or biomedical qualification
- 8+ years’ experience in a Medical Information / Medical Affairs roles in industry
- 3+ years people and project management experience
- Experience with TGA prescription, medical device and complementary medicines
- Thorough knowledge of global medical information and drug safety reporting requirements
- Excellent people management skills and highly developed communication skills
- Strong knowledge of medical literature and drug information databases
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including communication of scientific data
- Knowledge of Industry Codes and requirements for safety reporting in Australia and New Zealand
- Previous consulting experience or a keen interest in the practice of consulting
- Australian Permanent Resident or Citizen
At Commercial Eyes we work with and support the industries best. At Commercial Eyes you will:
- Propel your professional development through a breadth of experience
- Be assured of interesting & meaningful work that challenges, changes, and demands your best
- Work for a company consistently delivering excellence
- Deliver work that makes a difference to people’s lives through health
At Commercial Eyes we believe in doing what is right. At Commercial Eyes you will:
- Be a member of a team who support and care for each other
- Be part of an inclusive and diverse working environment
- Join a company that is generous to the community
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note Commercial Eyes does not accept applications from recruitment agencies.
Here at Commercial Eyes we value diversity and inclusion and consider all candidates equally.
If you are interested in this position or are keen to discuss other possible opportunities at Commercial Eyes please contact Stephanie Gaylard, Human Resources on +61392510777.